Florida Home Insurance Quotes
Quotes from 350+ Carriers:
Save up to 37% with Fearnow Insurance
Are you wondering how to get homeowners insurance in Florida and pondering the costs of your premiums? Florida is one of the most popular states to live with a population of 21,477,737 as of July 1, 2019, according to the Census Bureau, which is a 14.2 percent increase from 2010. With this ongoing boom in individuals moving to Florida, housing demand is up. In fact, 65.4 percent of housing units in Florida are owner-occupied. With these facts in mind, it’s important to remember to purchase homeowners insurance in order to protect your house and your finances in case of damage to your home due to a covered event. The good news is that our agents at Fearnow can help you get the homeowner’s insurance coverage you need at affordable rates.
What Our Customers Say
The Fearnow Agency Advantage
- We work for you, not the insurance carriers, to ensure your claims are processed efficiently and are paid out quickly.
- Unlike a single-company agency, we have access to over 100 carriers, so we’re never limited in the services we can provide you.
- We can save you up to 37% in insurance cost, or get better coverage for the same cost.
- We always provide full disclosure of plan inclusions and exclusions.
- We offer customized plans tailored specifically to your needs, instead of forcing you into a pre-packaged solution that won’t really work for you.
- Our agents are continuously training, so they stay the leading experts in their field.
Homeowners Insurance Requirements in Florida
The state of Florida does not legally require homeowners to purchase insurance. However, if you have a mortgage, your lender may require it, and even if you’ve paid off your home, you still may want to consider purchasing a good homeowners insurance policy. This is because the average value of a home in Florida is $215,300. Can you afford to replace your home if it were to become uninhabitable due to a covered event, like a fire or strong storm?
Local & Family Owned
Offices serving the local Tampa, FL and Wilson, NC areas for almost 30 years!
Competitive pricing nationally with world-class customer service!
Types of Homeowners Insurance Coverages to Consider
A homeowners insurance policy is designed to financially protect you in case of certain unforeseeable events, like fire, theft, vandalism and certain weather events. It’s also designed to help if someone who does not live on your property gets injured, like from a dog bite or slip and fall. Common coverages that homeowners insurance provides include:
A high-quality homeowners insurance policy contains several types of protection, including:
- Home Replacement Cost – If your home is completely destroyed, this coverage helps pay for a replacement.
- Home Repair Cost – If your home is damaged via a covered event, this helps provide funds for the repairs.
- Replacement of Damaged Personal Belongings – If your personal belongings, including clothes, furniture and electronics, are damaged, this helps provide the funds to replace them.
- Repair and Replacement Costs for External Structures – If you have garages or sheds on your property that are damaged via a covered event, this coverage helps provide the funds to repair or replace them.
- Personal Liability – If someone who does not live at your property gets injured on your property, this coverage helps pay for expenses related to the accident.
- Medical Expenses – If someone who does not live on your property gets injured, this helps pay for any needed medical treatments.
- Additional Living Expenses – If you cannot live in your home after the covered event, this helps pay for additional living expenses while your home is being repaired.
Understanding Whether or Not You Need Flood Insurance
In addition to homeowners insurance, you may want to consider flood insurance. In Tampa alone, more than 43,000 properties are at risk for flooding, according to a news article by the Tampa Bay Times, and if you live in a 100-year floodplain, your mortgage company may require flood insurance. This is because a standard homeowners insurance policy does not cover flooding. If you’re not sure if you live in a flood zone, FEMA provides a map where you can input your address to check your flood risk.
Flood Zone Area Designations
There are five risk zones for Florida, including:
- Zone X – Low to moderate risk with a .02 percent risk of annual flooding
- Zone A – High risk with a 1 percent chance of annual flooding
- Zone AE – High risk with homes being considered in a 100-year floodplain
- Zone V – Extremely High Risk with at least one flood expected within 30 years
- Zone VE – Extremely High Risk with at least one flood expected within 30 years
Median Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Florida
One of the primary reasons that homeowners drop their insurance coverage or fail to get it is fear of the cost. The truth is that homeowners insurance is affordable in Florida. The average cost of a yearly premium in the state is $216 per month, and there are ways you can lower the cost of your premiums, including:
- Choosing a higher deductible
- Taking advantage of multi-line discounts
- Consider disaster safety upgrades
- Consider installing home security
Getting the Right Homeowners Insurance Policy in Florida
Our agents at Fearnow have the ability to check the home insurance rates of more than 100 different carriers in order to get you the best policy for your needs. To learn more and to get a quote, give us a call at 813-689-8878.
Florida Homeowners Insurance Quote & Information | Fearnow
Florida Homeowners Insurance, quality home protection that saves you money. 30 Years of Savings from Fearnow Insurance
Service Type: Homeowners Insurance